Jedi Phoenix

The Official |JP| Nostalgia Meeting Welcome Thread!

Johnnydillinger

Meeting timeframe  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What timeframe do you feel the most convenient with?

• A week before Christmas (incl. holidays)
    • A week after Christmas (incl. holidays, "holiday to holiday")
    • In one week, starting with the 20th of Dec. and ending with the 28th of Dec.
    • In 2 weeks, starting with 17th of Dec. and ending with the 1st of Jan.
    • On a 3-day interval before Christmas (incl. holidays)
    • In one week, starting with Dec. 27 and ending with Jan. 3.

Welcome to our nostalgia meeting everyone! You are either here because you regularly visit our server/forum, or you have been invited through various means. We'll hold a simple nostalgia meeting in the upcoming holidays, and we'd like to say hi to all the people who can drop by later on. Please, if you intend to attend to this meeting, by all means drop us a line and let us know. If you unfortunately can't, however, drop us a line about that too and say hi to us on the forum.

Here's a small FAQ (even though noone asked questions so far, but what the hell) to know a few things about this meeting:

Why was I invited?

You received an invitation through either e-mail or other messaging medium(s), because we miss you. This means that you have either been part of our clan but have been inactive for some time now, or you are not part of our clan any more and haven't been around for a while, or you frequented our server for a great or considerable amount of time, and we grew to love you.

Wait, what do you mean I was removed from the clan?

During our transition to the new forums, some members were removed due to excessive inactivity. If you'd like to come back, you'll have to apply again, and most of all, be active since we have new members here; the majority of whom may not even know you yet.

Why was I not invited? HOW DARE YOU?

Right, there's basically 2 reasons why we didn't invite someone. It's either because you are an active member either on our forum or our server (most of the time both), or you slipped through our roster of invitations/we didn't have your contact info. The number of people we tried to reach from the beginning is over 200, and it may even grow until the event, please excuse us if we forgot about you. This event is open for everyone though, so feel free to drop by if you'd like, even if you haven't met us a week ago yet.

Right, so what is this meeting like?

It's self-explainatory, really. We'd like to hang out with the lot of you again, even if only for a few days. Please, if you have the time and ability to hop on our server, do it. And if you can't, hang out here on the forum, we're glad to see you guys and gals either way. It may occur, that some people will not recognize you, or haven't even met you yet, but I ask everyone not to be a stranger in those cases. We have stories to share even if we haven't met yet, and since you are/were a member of this clan, or were invited because the clan loved you and missed you as a regular visitor, we should all get along pretty well. On the server, we may occasionally hold some merc wars, TFFA or CTF matches, or if there's demand for it, we can organize smaller competitions too.

So, when does this take place? I have to attend to some meetings and family business...

We are still undecided on this, and we'd like to hear your opinion on it. The meeting is not only for one day, that one is for sure. There's a poll up in this topic where you can vote for the time frame you feel is the most convenient for you (we might add other options for the timeframe as well).

We hope you'll all have a great time, and we hope that we'll all have the opportunity to hear your stories and share a few laughs with you all. We wish you happy holidays in advance, and we hope to see you soon!

Now drop us a line, let's see who can make it to the meeting and who will have fun with us only on our forum!

Love you all,
The Phoenix Community

Update:

Okay, I'll try something tomorrow, and for those who did get the e-mail and didn't drop a line here or somewhere else, sorry for sending the same invitation again. Since sending the mail through Google+ circles ended up with the mail arriving at the spam folder of some people (quite possibly the majority), I'll send them also from a different account, one by one. This will more than probably take time (maybe a LOT of time), but I'll go through each and every address. There's only a few people I can't reach whatsoever, and I'll post the short list here later when the second wave of e-mails were all sent.

In the meantime, if you have any old members you'd love to see ingame again and you have them on MSN/whatever other thing (incl. Facebook), give them a heads up and direct them to this thread. Be careful though; if you see someone like that on a different server, just don't flash the link in the server, but only mention it. We are still not recruiting (although applicants are welcome), and we'd hate to break the rules of other servers.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alucard reporting in!

I'd love to be apart of this. How's it going everyone?

Quite the speedster you are, good sir!

Life's a bit silent around here, probably the best time to have a meeting like this. The more empty the server is, the more space left for us. How's about you? (I'm Johnnydillinger btw, not sure if you remember me)

Lumine reporting, would love to be a part of this. I miss you guys too. :3 I think in two weeks i can make it, if i don't miss it and find a place to redownload the game with all features from. Since new laptop and all.

P.S. Invitation warmed my heart so much i think it melted. XD

Lumine reporting, would love to be a part of this. I miss you guys too. :3 I think in two weeks i can make it, if i don't miss it and find a place to redownload the game with all features from. Since new laptop and all.

P.S. Invitation warmed my heart so much i think it melted. XD

Hey guys' date=' thanks for the invite. I'm still active on JKA, so I will stop by for sure.[/quote']

Nice to see ya back too, hope you'll all have a good time!

<3s dude, long time no sees! Game can be downloaded from a bunch of torrents and the only 2 tools you need for it are UU and the JA+ plugin, really.

Do you still use your skype? XD I sent a friend request, i wanna keep track of the date that way And we can chat. Sometimes people use Skype for that.

Quite the speedster you are, good sir!

Life's a bit silent around here, probably the best time to have a meeting like this. The more empty the server is, the more space left for us. How's about you? (I'm Johnnydillinger btw, not sure if you remember me)

Yeah I've got this connected to my phone so I got the email pretty much immediately

Yeah I remember you,

Maybe we can get a duel tournament going or something. I may be rusty but I'm sure an hour or so in game and ill be ready to swing.

Updated the poll with more timeframe possibilities; remember: you can change your vote if you see something fancier this time.

Alu, I'd be happy to host competitions like that, and I'd be up for participating too. We'll see how many else will be interested in it. So far however I need your help, as we may have a problem with the sent e-mails. Did you recieve it in your spam folder? 'Cause Lumine says his arrived there, which is no good news at all...

Holy Hell--youre still alive!!!!

I was thinking about installing the game the other week and I see this email (yes in my spam folder thou) Iunno who's left from my time but maybe I'll see you all in game!

!!!

Holy shit man, glad to meet you already. I joined like a year after you vanished so I doubt we ever met. That spam folder issue might be fixed through MSN, maybe I'll give that a go later. See ya ingame inded!

I was thinking about installing the game the other week and I see this email (yes in my spam folder thou) Iunno who's left from my time but maybe I'll see you all in game!

I was around right after you vanished ;O...but there are people from your time still around.

Hi, guys, liked the idea, count me in whenever . Although i make pauses sometimes and play many different games JA is the only game that has the state of "always installed" on my PC.

Greetings for all including highly motivating haters, critics and enemies helping me stay in shape :)

LY

And hopefully there will plenty of people you DO know who DON'T play now who will come back for this! It's a shame we never met, so I look forward to it.

Okay, I'll try something tomorrow, and for those who did get the e-mail and didn't drop a line here or somewhere else, sorry for sending the same invitation again. Since sending the mail through Google+ circles ended up with the mail arriving at the spam folder of some people (quite possibly the majority), I'll send them also from a different account, one by one. This will more than probably take time (maybe a LOT of time), but I'll go through each and every address. There's only a few people I can't reach whatsoever, and I'll post the short list here later when the second wave of e-mails were all sent.

In the meantime, if you have any old members you'd love to see ingame again and you have them on MSN/whatever other thing (incl. Facebook), give them a heads up and direct them to this thread. Be careful though; if you see someone like that on a different server, just don't flash the link in the server, but only mention it. We are still not recruiting (although applicants are welcome), and we'd hate to break the rules of other servers.

I'll update ya all shortly.

Archived