Jedi Phoenix

|JP| Ladder Tournament

Solitaire

ATTN NEW ENTRANTS AS OF 20/01/2013:

You may sign up anytime, but you are not given a place on the leaderboard straight away - instead, you are given 2 challenges against anyone on the leaderboard of your choosing - however, if you lose both, you are placed at the bottom of the ladder, so choose wisely.

Hi guys and girls,

I regret to inform y'all our Fairy has run into some technical difficulties so I'm taking up where he left off. Because this happened on the day the tournament was meant to begin, and I was in the middle of an airport when I found out, so it's been pushed back to this coming weekend. It will commence on Friday the 18th of January, midday CST (Central Standard Time) giving people get a chance to cram some duels in over the weekend.

For those who aren't aware of what this is about, pop over to this thread and check out the first post: Click me!

This is the list of currently registered (you can join mid way through this tournament by making a post here) participants:

• Theos Sairin
  • Hunter
  • Solitaire
  • Bob
  • D4rk3lement
  • Voltron
  • Jenna
  • Zero
  • TheGreenFairy
  • Memphis Peeps
  • Aegaeon
  • Fasttea
These are the rules TheGreenFairy described in the previous discussion thread:

RULES:

- The Ladder ranks the participants based on their skill with sabers.
- Everyone can take part in the ladder competition, from any clan or no clan at all.

- Subscribe to the competition from now on by posting in this topic.

- You can sign up for the ladder even after it started. If you do, you'll have the exclusive right to challenge 2 people of your choice from the list. If you beat one (or both) of them, you gain a place above them. If you fail to win either, you'll be the last on the list, so be careful who you choose! If you sign up for it later on, please do so in this thread.

- For those who are already on the list: to increase your rank on the ladder, you'll have to challenge the person above you, or the person above that person.

- Challenges can be done here on the forum in a soon-to-be-made Challenges thread, in the game, or in whatever form you desire that can be done immediately (Xfire, Steam, Xbox...)

- If someone challenges you on the forum, you'll have to at least answer to it within 3 daysIf you don't, the challenger "wins", and you trade places. If you do notify us that you just can't get onto the server for whatever reason, your challenger can then challenge the person above you.

- A challenge goes like this: 5 duels; 1 staff vs. staff, 1 duals vs. duals, 1 single style as pointed out by the challenged one (the one higher on the ladder) (e.g. red vs. red, or blue vs. blue), 1 freestyle single saber duel (all single styles go), 1 free for all duel (all saber styles go here).

- The challenge must be done with both of you having 0/0 score in the beginning, and then posting the resulting scores in the 'Results' thread. If you can't get screenshots, you can ask for a third person to vouch for the scores. All 3 persons (the duelers and the "witness") need to confirm the score before it's accepted.

- If you fail to win your challenge against the person above you, you have to wait another 2 days before you're able to challenge him/her again.

- After a period of time (will be decided based on demand/participant progression), the list will be locked and posted in a Hall of Fame.

- The first 3 places will win their own unique banners that they can use on the forum as a signature. The rest of the participants will be divided into divisions and recieve their respective banners too. Those who are the last on the list, will recieve a simple "pariticipant" banner too.

- Aside from the banners, you can use a small 1, 2 or 3 after your in-game name to indicate your place on the ladder. Ranks below that will be represented similarly with coloured asterisks.

- Misrepresenting your place on the ladder will disqualify you. I'll only give out one warning before removing and banning you from the ladder competition. As usual, honest mistakes or accidents are alright and I won't make a big deal out of them, but obvious dicking around with it will have its consequences.

------------------------------

INITIAL RANKS:

Using random.org/lists I was given the following initial rankings. Anyone registering between now and the 18th will have a random number generated for them and slotted into this list based on that assigned number.

1. Aegaeon
  2. Theos
  3. D4rk3lement
  4. Jenna
  5. Fasttea
  6. Bob
  7. Memphis Peeps
  8. Hunter
  9. Voltron
  10. Newbie
  11. Zero
  12. Solitaire
  13. TheGreenFairy

LADDER PLACEMENT INDICATORS:

Given the number of participants can change whenever someone registers, the following ranks are subject to change if the distribution becomes awkward. I'll make an announcement if that happens.

¹ for 1st.

² for 2nd.
³ for 3rd. 
* for 4th, 5th.
* for 6th & 7th, 8th.
* for 9th, 10th, 11th.
* for 12th, 13th, 14th.
* for 15th, 16th, 17th. 
* for 18th+ (white star)

1, 2 and 3 can be in any colour of your choosing.

WHAT HAPPENS ON THE 18TH?

So for the above, initial participant list (as of the 18th of Jan, so any registrations between then and now count as being initial participants), when the competition starts, you can challenge anyone on the list, up to 3 times. If you beat the person you challenged, you obtain their ranked and everyone below is pushed down. If you don't, you'll stay where you are. You cannot challenge the same person twice using your 3 initial challenges. 

Because this list is randomized, I'd recommend challenging the highest person you think you can beat to begin with. 

If you do win a challenge and still have 2/3 or 1/3 or your challenges left, you can still use that to go higher up the ladder.

If multiple challenges are made for the same person, priority will be given to whoever issued the challenge first.

This 3 free challenge period will last for 5 days, after that, or after you exhaust your 3 challenges, we enter the system described in the rules.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Ask away, we have a few days before we start! 

I'll make the official ladder thread and results/challenges threads on the day.

Until then. ;)

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x260/Wolfnix/tumblr_m93eld7e6H1qeiv5ko1_400_zps30e4babf.gif

Kannon has signed up for the tourney. After realizing the unfair advantage in randomly generating a number now for new contestants, they are now allowed 2 challenges of anyone on the ladder, but if they lose both, they are placed at the bottom. 

EDIT: Also note the changes in asterisk colours.