Jedi Phoenix

Some more of D3's Work

Since there's no proper forum yet i'll just leave this here.

This is my very first animation and because i'm an idiot i chose to make a walking animation. Took me around 6 hours to model, rig, texture (which somehow isn't possible to be displayed when running the animation <.>) and animate the entire thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631laQ5Fq-E&feature=youtu.be

That is quite awesome. Do you have a future project in mind?

Also

:wub:  sawli

I plan to make a sword-fighting simulator that will contain a physics-based combat system.

My current problem is that I have no idea how I should design it. I thought of several settings like fighting robots (single, staff, dualie) JKA-Style, Medieval/Fantasy or realistic ancient times (greece or rome). I simply don't know what peple want to see. Medieval settings are kinda used up right now with mount&blade and chivalry, I haven't seen any robot's in a while (like in Will Smith's iRobot) but i have always wanted to make a gigantic skyrim/mount&blade-like game with a realistic setting in ancient times.

Looks good so far, but I got the impression that it doesn't run fluently. Right before it's extending there's a little 'hop' if you know what I mean. Could be the lighting though.

Yes I know. I had to cut the loop a bit because it turned out that the animation would have a short, yet pretty visible pause right at the beginning. So it would appear that the leg freezes for a second. Also, I am now working on a spider-bot using 8 (most likely only 6) legs :faec:

I plan to make a sword-fighting simulator that will contain a physics-based combat system.

My current problem is that I have no idea how I should design it. I thought of several settings like fighting robots (single, staff, dualie) JKA-Style, Medieval/Fantasy or realistic ancient times (greece or rome). I simply don't know what peple want to see. Medieval settings are kinda used up right now with mount&blade and chivalry, I haven't seen any robot's in a while (like in Will Smith's iRobot) but i have always wanted to make a gigantic skyrim/mount&blade-like game with a realistic setting in ancient times.

I believe it's more difficult to integrate sword-fighting into a futuristic scenery. I mean Star Wars managed it through changing the sword into something new. If you want to use the usual swords you should maybe stick to the past although, you're right here, it's pretty much used up these days. I guess it depends on how good it will be in the end ;)

Yes I know. I had to cut the loop a bit because it turned out that the animation would have a short, yet pretty visible pause right at the beginning. So it would appear that the leg freezes for a second. Also, I am now working on a spider-bot using 8 (most likely only 6) legs :faec:

Ah I see.

Spider with only 6 legs = bug :p

Archived