Jedi Phoenix

Headphones with Skype

So I've searched for a while and haven't found anything that actually seems viable so I figured I'd come here.

I'm trying to use my Beats by Dre Studio headphones with my PC for skype. However, unlike normal headsets, these are headphones with means they only have 1 cable running from the cans to whatever audio device. Usually I plug them into my keyboard for audio output. The cable that I use has a built-in microphone that I wanted to use for talking on skype.

If anyone has any ideas or notions that might work out, let me know. Thanks.

Oh shit haha yeah Soli was spot on. It seems like it's a choice for me. Either plug my cable for input (microphone) or output (speakers).

I've just never come across this before because I used to have a laptop that only had 1 port for output and that worked with both my input and output. So I could talk on skype on my laptop. This is my first tower so I'm a huge newbie to how this kind of thing works out.

I've had these headphones for 4 years and I love them. Just because you disagree with my decision to purchase them back in the day doesn't mean you have to debate with me now about them.

Haha oh my god, I asked for technical feedback, not a consumer buying guide. I guess that was too much to ask.

I've had these headphones for 4 years and I love them. Just because you disagree with my decision to purchase them back in the day doesn't mean you have to debate with me now about them.

Haha oh my god, I asked for technical feedback, not a consumer buying guide. I guess that was too much to ask.

:trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :pfbtft: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Archived