Jedi Phoenix

Moding question

Peter E.S.

I really like some of the Models in Movie Battles II especially the Darth Vader model (mostly because of his vastly better shaders than the regular old VaderVM2.2 model). So I decided to try and extract it and use it in the real game. After alot of trial and error, I finally found all of the associated files, so I made a folder called T_Vader (that is what the model is called I believe) and used Packscape to package the mod into a pk3. Exited, I went into the game to see if the mod would show up in the Profile section; unforunately, he wasn't there :( Ok, I got frustrated and gave up (after about another half-hour of trying to get it to work), but left the pk3 in the base folder. I got on the server (|JP| of course) and saw that Darth Vader showed up with JA Plus loaded with a ? over the picture of the model. Besides that it worked.

Now, my question is, how do I make Vader show up in the regular game without JA Plus? I am a noob at this kind of thing and don't really know how the game loads mods.

I hope I've explained my question clearly.....I uploaded the pk3 into dropbox. https://www.dropbox....uwv/T_Vader.pk3

Thanks!

Right, I've had a brief look.

In the "VaderVM" folder, there are files called "mb2_icon_default_xxx.jpg". Simply drag and drop the one you like best into the T_vader folder, and rename it "icon_default". Once you've done that, you'll be able to see the icon in the character list of both JA+ and base JA.

If that still doesn't work, you should be able to select the model with: /model T_vader

Hope this helps.

Archived