Jedi Phoenix

So, I reformatted my computer last night, cool stuff, amirite? And upon reinstalling my drivers, I decided to reinstall my network adapter, why? Because I need it. So, cool, I installed my network adapter, huge success, when suddenly, my computer reboots! Oh no! What do I do? I try again, OH NO! It reboots again, (Autoreboot)

So now, I'm in safemode, trying to figure out why it's just rebooting on startup with no leads or anything, so what do I do? Ask you guise.

Few things:

A. There's no viruses, I just reformatted, and if there are, I can't do anything about it because I can't install an anti-virus, and even if I could, I can't run a scan while in safemode.

B. I reinstalled the network adapter, did nothing.

C. Even while the network adapter is uninstalled and removed from my computer, it still persists on rebooting on start-up.

D. It's not an overheating problem, I have three fans that work just fine, the temperatures are all below 81 degrees farenheit, nor is it a dust clot problem.

So, I don't have the slighest clue as to what I should do now. So, JP and all it's inhabitance, halp!

A. There's no viruses, I just reformatted, and if there are, I can't do anything about it because I can't install an anti-virus, and even if I could, I can't run a scan while in safemode.

Side note first: Running a scan in safe mode is almost always recommended above doing so in normal. -Most- viruses, typically the more "dangerous" ones, like to hide out in system memory and general locations that cannot be accessed regularly. Hence why anti-viruses ask you to restart.

Anyways, uninstall your video driver while you're in safe mode, but don't reinstall it from there. Just uninstall it and try to boot normally.

Why my video driver? I'm talking about my network adapter, but...okay, I'll do that..

That you are. You, yourself, already ruled out the network driver being a cause though. While also being able to boot into safe mode, it leads me back to multiple personal experiences where the video driver was corrupted and causing Windows to crash not being able to properly load it, as the first -possible- cause.

That you are. You, yourself, already ruled out the network driver being a cause though. While also being able to boot into safe mode, it leads me back to multiple personal experiences where the video driver was corrupted and causing Windows to crash not being able to properly load it, as the first -possible- cause.

I had the video driver running for several hours without this problem, it was only after I installed the network adapter, and immediately after, this problem occurred.

So...I uninstalled it like you said, rebooted, and it's just pure black screen followed by crash after the Windows XP loading screen, and I can't reinstall the drivers in safe mode, so now I have no method of reinstalling them.

I had the video driver running for several hours without this problem, it was only after I installed the network adapter, and immediately after, this problem occurred.

So...I uninstalled it like you said, rebooted, and it's just pure black screen followed by crash after the Windows XP loading screen, and I can't reinstall the drivers in safe mode, so now I have no method of reinstalling them.

Trial and error ftw when you're not able to do anything hands on. The entire time you were fiddling with it for several hours, windows update could have been doing its thing in the background, installing a totally different driver. May want to check your update history while you're in safe mode.

"Safe mode with Networking" when you select through the boot options.. You can redownload and install them normally. But, you technically don't even need a video driver at all to boot into normal. It's not even used in safe mode.

Clean as a whistle sir.

@Sarah,

I know I don't need a video driver to get into regular, I'm in safe mode w/ networking, where would I find update history?

Found, it won't load. Gives me errors.

"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. "

Needless to say, none of the options provided solved my problem.

Hi Rep Lep, sorry im late to this new issue

Any-who, i found that Windows 7 already had my NIC driver installed, didn't do anything and no i didn't run windows update, i NEVER run them cause i know it will somehow rape my PC. So did you have a steady connection set before you decided to update the NIC driver?

If not, who is the manufacturer of your Mo-Bo? ill hunt the appropriate drivers for you. All i need is a motherboard manufacturer name, and the model. (Eg GIGABYTE MX-G281A)

Have Fun

mmm well, if it automatically restarts without giving you a Blue screen of Death 3 things comes into mind:

First, boot into safe mode, go to computer panel / system / advanced tab / startup and recovery (don't know the exact path on xp, i'm on 7). There uncheck Automatically restart, restart it and let it crash. If the blue screen appears write down any relevant data you may find.

Secondly the hard drive might had got corrupted on the first reboot, so load the recovery console (not the dos console, the one with weird cmds). To do that i think on XP there is an option on a failed startup to load that console, if not google how to. Once you get there try chkdsk /r to check the disk for errors and repair them if possible (you could also boot into safe mode, run cmd, put chkdsk /r and it will tell you it cannot run now, but will give you the option to run on reboot. do that if possible).

If the hard disk is ok then it may be system files that got corrupted. Again on safe mode run cmd and write sfc /scannow to check if all system files are ok.

Try that and let us know.

Best of luck :yahoo:

Installer will not start in safe mode for PRO2KXP.exe

And INF_ALLOS will not launch after being downloaded, so on Monday, after I retrieve my otherj XP Reformat Disk, I'll reformat once again, I'm thinking this one is no good, and suffered from a bad burn, as it may be essential files, so we'll see how that goes. Thank you for your help.

Archived