Jedi Phoenix

My stew

Zan

As promised to the people that cared to listened on the server, here's my stew, a tad improved from my last attempt (Thanks to HDY for suggesting using a tad of butter).

http://i45.tinypic.com/kczew8.jpg

What do you think?

If you haven't already get a slow-cooker for making stews. Literally nothing better out there for them. Any type of meat you put in there will literally just fall off the bone and mix with the stew and you can fish the bones out.

Actually I prefeer to braise tough meat if i'm going to make a stew. This was actually more of a Risotto

Is this not just chicken and rice, or is that just me?

Also, you talk about food A LOT. That's not a bad thing, out of topics of conversation you definitely chose a good one, but just sayin' =D

Gabi's the Iron Chef. Didn't you know?

Is this not just chicken and rice, or is that just me?

Also, you talk about food A LOT. That's not a bad thing, out of topics of conversation you definitely chose a good one, but just sayin' =D

My God! just chicken and rice!? what's wrong with you!?.

Yeah, I call stew to pretty much everything that resembles a soup but creamy. Actually that thing has:

• Chicken
  • Rice
  • Zaffron and chicken stock (hence the yellow color)
  • Red bell pepper
  • Green Onion
  • Paprika and Spanish paprika (more sweet than regular paprika)
  • Black Pepper
  • A tad of butter (courtesy of HDY)

And most important, a lot of love.

If you haven't already get a slow-cooker for making stews. Literally nothing better out there for them. Any type of meat you put in there will literally just fall off the bone and mix with the stew and you can fish the bones out.

Definitely great suggestion here! Did you cook the chicken with the stew? Also, what kind of rice did you use?

Definitely great suggestion here! Did you cook the chicken with the stew? Also, what kind of rice did you use?

I used Double Carolina rice because I didn't have Carnaroli. But since I used a small ammount of stock, the ammount of starch from the rice was enough to make it all creamy.

The fist time that I cooked this I sealed the chicken with hot olive oil at the very beginning, but this time, when I added the rice, I also added the stock + the chicken (raw), then closed the lid to let it stew.

Archived