Jedi Phoenix

The Elder Scrolls Online

Zan

Well ,they have been working on this for 5 years, and they pretty much confirmed today what I just said:

Hotkeys, no live action ("turn" based), .... mostly shit.

games like oblivion and skyrim couldn't be mmos, while there is tactical fighting, you basically only have 4 options in a fight at any time:

• attack
  • magic/item
  • block
  • run

rather lame and repetative tbh. so yes, hotkey attacks with cooldown would be the way to turn. After all who likes using tactics when you can just spam hotkeys and watch the fight happen? Personally i think live action battles should be in more multiplayer games. some of the random internet mmo's have ventured there, but even with the advertisement they get, they're not very interest-grabbing. on top of that people involved in largely populated games have no real reason to leave them, always people to play with/against and always new things to do. i venture this game will pull a large crowd of people (just like SWTOR did) just because of the name, but then die off... (just like SWTOR did >.>)

games like oblivion and skyrim couldn't be mmos, while there is tactical fighting, you basically only have 4 options in a fight at any time:

• attack
  • magic/item
  • block
  • run

rather lame and repetative tbh. so yes, hotkey attacks with cooldown would be the way to turn. After all who likes using tactics when you can just spam hotkeys and watch the fight happen? Personally i think live action battles should be in more multiplayer games. some of the random internet mmo's have ventured there, but even with the advertisement they get, they're not very interest-grabbing. on top of that people involved in largely populated games have no real reason to leave them, always people to play with/against and always new things to do. i venture this game will pull a large crowd of people (just like SWTOR did) just because of the name, but then die off... (just like SWTOR did >.>)

I don't mind hotkeys and skills and stuff, even Oblivion / Skyrim has hotkeys on PC. What it really bums me down is that it's not "live" , just mash down buttons and win, which is lame and repetative tbh. Are you kidding? "who likes using tactics when you can just spam hotkeys"? .... really??

Every single TES gamer dreams with the gameplay of the single player ported to the net (tweaked to balance the obvious overpower the main char has on the game). I even read that they did this shitty shit to "ease the transition of current mmo gamers into TESonline"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?

I get so fucking raged thinking of this and what it could had become if done properly...

Archived