Jedi Phoenix

This section is primarily used for people that have questions about being a member of our clan. So wrong section buddy.

But most game server companies will have forums/customer service that are more than willing to assist you in setting up your server.

Unless you have a dedicated server PC running lynx or windows server on a very fast network, you are wasting your time. There will be so much latency that any clients that manage to connect will lag out into oblivion, especially if you are playing on the same PC hosting the server. The only other resason you'll want your own ded is to play offline and abuse bots which gets boring very quickly. That I really won't get into because, to be perfectly honest, its not worth my time.

load the game , if u want the server with some mod load it from the mods section in options , then after ur mod is loaded go to Create game set the options like max players , force, weapons and such , hit Advanced set password if u want , Pure server set it off if u want 2 play with custom stuff add bots and basically thats all , then create the game tats 1 way

the other is use for example raven dedicated pack.bat file is almost the same thing , the diff. is that create a command prompt like the 1 when u open Jamp already did tat 1 time b4 but forgot

check this helped me b4 :)

http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/homeserver.htm

load the game , if u want the server with some mod load it from the mods section in options , then after ur mod is loaded go to Create game set the options like max players , force, weapons and such , hit Advanced set password if u want , Pure server set it off if u want 2 play with custom stuff add bots and basically thats all , then create the game tats 1 way

the other is use for example raven dedicated pack.bat file is almost the same thing , the diff. is that create a command prompt like the 1 when u open Jamp already did tat 1 time b4 but forgot

check this helped me b4 :)

http://www.chopshops.../homeserver.htm

Raven is long gone, so I don't believe their dedicated file will work (I could be wrong).

As for setting up a ded server, don't bother, cause setting it up youself would require 2 computers: One to actually host the server, and the other to get onto your server. The computer that runs it needs to be VERY high end, and it needs a solid internet connection. If you do not have any of the above stated, then you would have to go with a server provider. There are many, too many to list, and they all obviously have plans which have either a monthly payment, weekly payment or yearly payment. The issue is, many of those providers have poor customer service and it leaves your server laggy and full of bugs, and it leaves you with a very hard time to cancel your plan with that company, cause like all businesses, they want to keep feeding off your money.

And besides, JKA is on it's way to the gaming graveyard, so setting up a dedicated server would be pointless

It's relatively simple to do, I've done it on windows and linux before. Which are you planning to do, and do you have a dedicated server box or are you going to run it on the computer you ordinarily play on/use daily?

Edit - Even if you have a spare dual core laptop sitting around you can use that as a dedicated box. Dual core 1.5ghz+ with a gig of ram and a 1mbps+ upload bandwidth on your internet connection and you can easily host a 16-20 person dedicated server.

Archived