Jedi Phoenix

Are you fucking kidding me ME3? (Contains spoilers)

Zan

I'm posting this topic, indignated about what I just experienced in ME3 ending's. If this is a spoiler please stop reading, I'm not going to use the spoiler bbcode (not sure if it even exists).

So, after 2 epic endings, tailoring the story to be simply amazing, they have the nerve to deliver such shitty endings?. I mean come on, the 3 endings are just the fucking same with different colors, and after having to replay ME1 and 2 to build a meaningful story in a game where choices are taken into consideration, I'm extremely dissapointed.

So many endings were possible if they indeed took into consideration choices from previous games, even if they only take those that are listed when you import a save, and still they went rainbow.

Anyways, I'm so fucking happy that I torrented this and didn't spend a penny on this. Did anyone else got frustrated by this?

Spoiler tags provided by Jonza. <3

I liked the ending. It humanized Shepard to me. I honestly felt like just turning off the game and walking away because I didn't want to watch him stumble to his final destination. I really didn't want an ending where in the end it was basically just hip hip hooray the reapers are gone and nothing bad happens that can't be fixed like it was new.

Wait, by Ending I meant the 3 choices you get about controlling the reapers, destroying them or the other thing about fusing and how it's really the same video but with different colors depending on your choice. I really liked the part of the battle for earth, when you had to hold your ground against waves of enemies and stuff, even the final confrontation with the Illusive Man (Altough a little more chat with the Reapers before ending them would be nice, I expected Harbinger to have more participation).

I mean come on, do you really think it was ok after 3 games to end the series with a video colored according your final choice?.

I'd love it if the theory that Shepard was indoctrinated as a result of being hit by the Reaper was true. The endings are your choices under indoctrination; Control and Synthesize would be surrendering yourself to the Reapers, whereas Destroy is you breaking out of the indoctrination, where you can find yourself waking up alive on rocks which sure don't look like the Citadel. (If he wasn't indoctrinated, how would Shepard survive atmospheric entry from the Citadel if it did actually happen?)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some flat and very similar endings too, but you know what? Didn't freaking mind them because I loved the game. I was also more immersed with the sidequests and the various characters that gave them, the overall theme and story was a good border-like feature though. And this is what I felt like when playing KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Fallout 3, Anachronox and even Final Fantasy 8 (not a lot of sidequests there...)

Maybe it's just me, but overhauling plots abot saving kingdoms and universes are less interesting than the individual small sidesteps you can make while not doing their chores. Main point is, it's not always the ending that matters, hell, not even the main quest. It's the journey you take there. And the fact that it's up to you how to take it makes the whole thing just wonderful.

Endings generally suck imo for anything (game or show) because the story leading up to it is just so awesome, that ending it is horrible, even if the ending is good. for example, Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime, loved the show and the movie. The ending was awesome, and shouldn't've happened any other way, however i hated it, because that's as far as the show goes. This is also the reason i don't generally finish games, but rather spend time fucking off and enjoying the actual bulk of the game.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution had some flat and very similar endings too, but you know what? Didn't freaking mind them because I loved the game. I was also more immersed with the sidequests and the various characters that gave them, the overall theme and story was a good border-like feature though. And this is what I felt like when playing KOTOR 2, Jade Empire, Fallout 3, Anachronox and even Final Fantasy 8 (not a lot of sidequests there...)

Maybe it's just me, but overhauling plots abot saving kingdoms and universes are less interesting than the individual small sidesteps you can make while not doing their chores. Main point is, it's not always the ending that matters, hell, not even the main quest. It's the journey you take there. And the fact that it's up to you how to take it makes the whole thing just wonderful.

Nah, the endings in Deus ex was alright because of the style of playing (I shot sarif in the head before the end just for the heck of it, no one told me I could or couldn't) , besides even if the content of the ending wasn't to your liking , it varied, that much we can agree. Taking that into consideration we can also agree DEx had 3 different endings, with your choices having different implications on the future of the world.

The thing is, ME3 didn't have a bit of that. And when I say the "3" endings are the same I'm not paraphrasing anything, there is only one ending with diferent colors. I mean, what would happen if you control the reapers? Will manking enslave the universe? Will they advance 100.000 years forward with the analysis of this new tech?. What would happen if you destroy the reapers? Will old and bad blood between the races finally spring into other wars (salarians and krogans, maybe even turians and humans)? What would happen if you fuse with synthetics? What will happen with the geth and reapers? What will happen with all those races that didn't get targeted by the reapers on past cycles? Will they feel the repercusion of our actions?

For me, a good ending is that which doesn't leave you with questions.For me, Deus ex's finales were like that. I didn't want a happy ending (altough I wouldn't mind having masked babies on Rannoch), I want an ending that sums up all my actions from previous games and leaves you something.

Clearly, at least for me, this didn't happen

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty disappointed with the ending aswell. But you know what? I managed to hook up with Miranda and Ashley so it was worth it. I like games with cliffhanger endings to be honest, it makes you want to buy the next game but Mass Effect's ending is just one of many shit ass endings. If you want a good cliffhanger ending, look at Assassin's Creed. But since Mass Effect 3 is the LAST Mass effect, why the fuck would you leave it on a cliffhanger? Now I'm pissed because the only way to find out what happens next is buying shitty DLC for it that I could be spending on other games.

Archived