Jedi Phoenix

Duke's Never Ending Battle Against Technology

Well as some of you know I recently installed a new OS-

In that process I somehow managed to remove my Music Library... about 100gbs of good shit.

How it happened I dont know- as it was on my external- and my internal is partitioned. So i must have fucked up somewhere-

But my question is this- I still have that music on my iPod.

So my question is this: does anyone know of an actual working program (hopefully free) that can copy music from an iPod back to a PC? Or am I pretty much fucked?

Cheers,

Duke

Well it depends...I assume your iPod is formatted for PC right? Meaning you sync and use it on Windows.

If so, connecting it to a Mac will do jack shit. In order for a Mac to read it it has to be formatted for Mac. This basically requires wiping it clean which you obviously don't want.

I didn't read through the whole article, just skipped to the software section. Have fun!

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/copying-music-from-ipod-to-computer/P2/

I copy music to and from my Ipod all the time, you just connect via USB and enable hidden folders to be shown. THe only problem with it, is that they're named strangely, usually in 4 characters like 46CG. Course that could all be said in those links that I didn't bother to look at.

Also I did not read that you have a mac. Find someone with a PC and just transfer if you have an external if not, stop using macs for the love of god.

I also thought this was going to be a Duke Nukem thread about his problems with alien technology and how it's affecting the earth.

I copy music to and from my Ipod all the time, you just connect via USB and enable hidden folders to be shown. THe only problem with it, is that they're named strangely, usually in 4 characters like 46CG. Course that could all be said in those links that I didn't bother to look at.

Also I did not read that you have a mac. Find someone with a PC and just transfer if you have an external if not, stop using macs for the love of god.

I also thought this was going to be a Duke Nukem thread about his problems with alien technology and how it's affecting the earth.

How would i enable hidden folders for my iPod?

also, ill try the links. thanks guys

Should be the same as anything else, once it's connected, go to Folder Options and find the option. Depending on your OS it's different. I have Vista, so I press f10 and go to tools then folder options. I imagine it's similar on 7, but someone else would have to tell yous.

You should be able to sync your iPod to your computer. I just did it with some of the apps on my iTouch (was attempting to download an app that ended up not being compatible with the iTouch for whatever reason).

Okay so thank you, I was able to get my old songs off but how do I add new ones to it using that technique? Do i have to put them in a pre-existing folder? or rename them?

• 1 month later...

Is it an ipod touch? if it is you cannot save them. If it's a classic wheel ipod you can use any number of programs for PC or Mac to retrieve your passwords with full MP3 info and names.

Archived