Jedi Phoenix

The Steam gift pile

Johnnydillinger

Wondering if anyone here is doing stuff to get gifts. I've done 8 objectives so far, and won 2 coupons and several lumps of coals, which I then crafted into another gift and then BAM! Orange Box. It'sa good, me likes that, especially after reading on the Escapist forums that most people got even more coupons from their crafted coals.

So what have you guys got? Any of you lucky enough to win a game from a single achievement?

Also, that grand prize is badass...

Y'all damn well should check it out, half an hour ago I won Bunch Of Heroes, though I have no idea what that game's like...

For all who doesn't know what's going on, you can basically get free games and coupons for completed "objectives". 6 new objective is published each day 'till january, and these objectives are always something Steam related (like joining the holiday group or checking your inventory) or an achievement from a free game they have (1), and achievements with holiday theme from other games (the rest 5).

You can win either a present (a game or game pack, or a coupon), or lumps of coal. Each lumps of coal is an entry for a great lottery thing which will be held on the 2nd of January, where you can win the Valve complete pack, 5 or 10 games from your wishlist and the grand prize is every single game on Steam. You can also craft 7 of these into a present. I already crafted them into a present, which brought me the Orange Box, but others got more coupons so watch out. It is also said that after crafting the present, you'll get no more coal (though you can trade for it), but presents. I second this, as I never got any more coal after Mr. Freeman with all his episodes volunteered into my game library.

So basically, by completing achievements you can win fre games, which to my knowledge, never happened before. I've won some, so should you, I think it's worth a try.

Archived