Jedi Phoenix

Battlefield 3 (ps3)

spaceball

Quick version:

Singleplayer: Fun. Not necessarily great story, but the difficulty is one that makes it a good play.

Multiplayer:Good & competative gameplay, however repetative. Ranking up my favorite guns gets a big *yawn* after the first 48hrs of gameplay.

Coop: Unless you got a friend who wants to play, forget about it. 'no-mics' really kill the experience. really quite good though.

Overall: As one whos played little of the Battlefield series, I 'Liked' it. Very amazing training curve, one that has to be mastered to become effective developing your traits. There are some people who know how to pilot an air vehicle a hell of a lot better than others, just as there are snipers who are pinpoint artists while others are not. The success of using guns, artillary, jets, and helis,etc. are not necessarily connected with how many ranks you get nor how fat your guns look, its about how much practice you have with them. Not one (of the vast) choice of weaponry is really that better than the other. For casual gamers this game is not for you. You'll get just as bored with it as I did. Scrambling for kills and consistency. Hardcore fans will more than likely enjoy this game, as they boom around the game slicing rookies throats and sticking together holding down forts.

Rate: 8.5/10

Gameplay:3.5

Sound:5

Graphics:4

Difficulty:5

Coming from the PC angle of this. The game doesn't take that much practice to get good, Jets and Heli's take practice, but once you get IR flares for any vehicle you have the possibility to survive. The gun aspect is the same from any FPS. Aim, shoot, Kill, pick a favorite gun, unlock a couple accessories for it an you're just capable as anyone else. The only downside for the PC is the dumb ass motherfucking "Battlelog." What a complete waste of effort for whom ever developed that.

• 11 months later...

Archived