Jedi Phoenix

[Upcoming project] The rise of Darth Nihlus

711Savior

http://i56.tinypic.com/2drsx9i.jpg

Nihilus * derived from the Latin word "nihilist" which means "Love of nothing" or to "Destroy completely" or "reduce to nonexistence"

He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies… sacrificing itself to his hunger. ~Visas Marr, former Padawan of Darth Nihilus.

"The less said of that one, the better—even a stray thought may draw him."

" When I looked upon his face, I saw a graveyard world, surrounded by a fleet of dead ships.

Story:

The nearly extinct forces of the Old Republic stage a final desperate attempt to re-gain ground they've lost. With Revan and Malak out of the picture, Darth Nihilus reigns as Dark Lord of the Sith. The player will control Darth Nihilus, and play through his rise to power, as well as his ultimate fall. For the Sith lord, there is no redemption, no peace, no hope for more pleasant times, there is only death and destruction.

Nihilus cares nothing for the code of the Sith or the Jedi, all he knows is his drive for ultimate power.

~Force powers of Darth Nihilus

1) Force Choke

2) Force lighting

3) Push - Pull

4) Speed

5) Absorb

While Darth Nihilus is feared throughout the Galaxy for his awesome power; the player must also deal with his ultimate weakness, that is, his never ending hunger for the life force of living beings.

Through the story, the player will have the option to either stick to his original single bladed, quick saber moves, or expand to a saber staff for ultimate destruction.

What do the members of |JP| Think of this idea?

Also, I typo'd the title already. Off to a winning start :wallbash:

^^

Also, FYI I think nihilist is an english word. The latin word you were trying to refer to was NIHIL, which means "nothing". Well, might remember it wrong, haven't learned latin in 2 years and I hated it back then.

Wookiepedia has failed me, this displeases Lord Skeletor.

I'm sorry, I believed I was clear in my post but It was about 2 am and I was sort of buzzed.

Basically, it's your run of the mill mod, you know, custom maps, missions, objectives, ect ect allowing the player to play through the story of the rise of Darth Nihlius, who, in my opinion, is the greatest Sith Lord to ever live.

It's no small project, I'm not half assing any aspect of it. Remember in the Jedi Academy core missions, kyle would talk to you and talk you through your missions? Well, essentially, when you're playing as Nihilus, I've got a way of creating very trippy, yet understandable voices. The force will be your guide through your missions.

Also: To portray the brutality of Nihilus, I'm including the "Blood mod" (created by Dark_Maul back in 2004, using with his kind permission) That not only creates blood when damage is taken/dealt, you can actually dismember bodies with your light saber.

As stated above, player's will have the option of sticking to his origional lore and staying with his single bladed saber, or they can build a devastatingly powerful Saber Staff that deal's an increased amount of damage. However, if a staff is built, access to his force powers (just lightning mainly) is disabled.

For those of you who have never played Kotor2 or don't know, Nihilus never utters an intelligible word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JUwdeB-DqU

As the title suggests, that is the voice of Nihilus, almost insect sounding.

One must do this by recording what he is to say, adding reverb to it, dramatically lowering the pitch, and reversing it.

Features of the Mod:

I : 9 Custom missions. Only 8 will you play as Nihilus, in the first mission, you play as an old sith warrior (From Kotor) And find your self locked in a battle with the desperate broken Old Republic forces. In the first mission, your job is to ensure the area is "cleansed" to when Nihilus lands, he has a clear path to the resisting leaders of the Planet.

II: In one of the final missions, you, as Nihilus, will face off against your former apprentice Visas Marr, and the Exiled Jedi Bastila Shan. Tip: Be weary of Bastila's battle meditation, it'll only empower Marr.

I must depart for now, more details will follow.

Lord Nihilus is my favourite sith ;) hence, i like the idear goothooc

Indeed. However, so little information is avaliable about him, makes it very frustrating, I have to make up half the stuff that happens because only his major story is ever talked about anywhere, never his origins other than the great shadow, never why he doesn't speak normally ect ect.

Indeed. However, so little information is avaliable about him, makes it very frustrating, I have to make up half the stuff that happens because only his major story is ever talked about anywhere, never his origins other than the great shadow, never why he doesn't speak normally ect ect.

That's the instrument of mystery, it worked in so many works of fiction. See, Vader was still a REALLY mysterious character after Return of the Jedi, but when he got an origin story as a young Anakin, almost everyone hated him. In my opinion, leaving something a mystery makes it the more interesting, because you'll keep thinking about it for a long time after you've seen the movie or read the book, played the game etc. Just take a look at the movies by David Lynch (or his series, Twin Peaks for that matter), their strongest selling points are probably because of this.

If you really insist on giving this character a background story, make sure you don't "spoil" it. Don't be too obvious with it (leave some mysteries), and do what the KOTOR games did so good. Which is taking the movies (all 6) and probably some other epic works that have a similar character (suggestions: Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men, Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand [stick with the novel version, though it's extremely long] or maybe Galactus from the Marvel comics), and working and sculpting them all into one; merging the most important parts of theirs, but forming it into something new. That's not easy, but once you try it, it's bound to turn out pretty good.

If you really insist on giving this character a background story, make sure you don't "spoil" it. Don't be too obvious with it (leave some mysteries), and do what the KOTOR games did so good. Which is taking the movies (all 6) and probably some other epic works that have a similar character (suggestions: Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men, Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand [stick with the novel version, though it's extremely long] or maybe Galactus from the Marvel comics), and working and sculpting them all into one; merging the most important parts of theirs, but forming it into something new. That's not easy, but once you try it, it's bound to turn out pretty good.

Thank you much for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Archived