Jedi Phoenix

What the fuck MW3?

SonicPants

Ok so here's the reveal trailer for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04

Now let me just take a moment to talk about it. Is it just me, or does this look like the exact same fucking game just in a different setting? Also, to me it doesn't seem like the plot has changed at all, its the same one baddie with nukes trying to take over/blow up the world type shit. Sorry if you like the trailer and like where MW3 is going but I just don't feel like it's anything original and personally I feel it is a waste of time and money. Also, please don't feel discouraged by what I just said, if you like the series i'd love to know how you feel about MW3, cause I just don't get it. HALP ME UNDERSTAND WHY!

Now let me just take a moment to talk about it. Is it just me, or does this look like the exact same fucking game just in a different setting? Also, to me it doesn't seem like the plot has changed at all, its the same one baddie with nukes trying to take over/blow up the world type shit. Sorry if you like the trailer and like where MW3 is going but I just don't feel like it's anything original and personally I feel it is a waste of time and money. Also, please don't feel discouraged by what I just said, if you like the series i'd love to know how you feel about MW3, cause I just don't get it. HALP ME UNDERSTAND WHY!

This game screams MW2. And that's not a good thing.

Everyone will still buy it.

Ahem, CoD has been the same game after CoD4...WaW, MW2 and Black Ops all contain the same idea's/concepts that were unique to CoD4, but spammed at you just 1million times more per mission/in multiplayer so that it isn't unique anymore, just plain fucking annoying. I get it, it's epic to be shell shocked in a mission in CoD4 and have you fall backward while watching the fight around you, it only happens once or twice in that game whereas in MW2 and Black Ops (which ive been playing recently) it fucking happens EVERY mission...it just loses its effect, not to mention the stories of the games being totally shit and badly paced. Multiplayer going downhill as well, map design has been very poor, game balance issues, unoptimized PC versions and not to mention Infinity Ward's most retarded idea of pulling dedicated servers and introducing PC to P2P. Thank fuck that Treyarch aren't even that dumb to use the same idea.

Sorry about that, /rant.

It hasn't been original since WaW and i doubt that MW3 will be, unless they get creative and decide to introduce some original ideas/concepts again.

Well, to be honest, I've got the feeling that even CoD 2 and 3 (and on that note, all their spinoffs and expansions etc) were the same games as the first one. Didn't play the latter ones mentioned above ('cept MW1, multiplayer), but to me it seems that modern warfare was a landmark and the developers just took a "rest" with spamming the ever-oh-so loving fans with bad clones, which they will love just because it's CoD and it's gotta be awesome right? (see the Halo series)

Once again, I'm not experienced in newer titles (not interested, even), so if you're like "JD is ranting on shit he doesn't even know about, what an asshole!", you're right. These are only impressions and if the situation is even a bit similar to the first erm... generation of the series (the CoD1 clones), then I just may be right.

I feel in terms of storyline, who gives a fuck. The game is about multiplayer and the SP is always short and lame. I could care less if the SP doesn't change but the formula for MP is fairly decent and they're just churning out 60$ expansion packs.

What did you expect after the world war in MW2? Don't know why everyone is so surprised about this D:...

Still, like goth said i will download this.

Yea you're right, and honestly I didn't expect anything more or anything less, I just prefer it when developers actually use creativity once and a while. Hopefully IW/Activision will produce something like that after all this Modern Warfare business ends.

Also @Vaan, maybe I'm the only one but I vastly prefer a good single player over a good multiplayer

Also @Vaan, maybe I'm the only one but I vastly prefer a good single player over a good multiplayer

I do to, I just feel like this game was made for the MP. The SP was never the real attraction to the game.

CoD started as a SP experience. Then they hit gold with Cod4's MP and said "WHOANOW. WE GOSTA GET MORE O DIS"

This is true, though I played a LOT of MP on the first CoD. Kar98/MP40 ftw.

If this one proves less shitty than Blackops, I might consider renting it. Doubt I'll waste too much time with it though.

It'll be the same, if not worse. Kind of like MW2. :p

And this is why Battlefield 3 is going to just blow MW3 out of the water. So far every BF game i've played has been different, and the new one is going to be just perfect.

Still going to probably play MW3, for the campaign.

To add to the hostility, they're planning on introducing a monthly fee for premium services, which may include DLC's, map packs, stats, etc.

So if you're an xbox owner and are stupid enough to buy this shit for 75 bucks worth of money (it's that much in Hungary), you'll have a six-hour long campaign, and online multiplayer. For which you have to play a monthly fee in general to be able to play online (Xbox Live), AND another monthly fee to get some DLCs. Monthly fee. For DLCs.

http://urlybits.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/What-the-fuck-cat.jpg

Can't believe they just revealed that with a straight face.

• 2 weeks later...

GRR KIDS BE MAAAD!! (Specially Falcon, he my madbot)

Eh i like games for their storyline and re-play value, couldn't give a shit if they used the same engine (Hell ID software used virtually the same engine for Doom 3 and Quake 4)

Ill be getting MW3 for sure and going competitive with it, and ill most likely get BF3.

In regards to Elite, I've oped for the beta and if i get in, ill report how it is (Those who have me on FB just remind me of this, i forget to post on any forums a bit).

From what they are spilling, some parts of Elite are free (But i dont tend to believe outside sources, they get very vague and they are mad kids writing them, only the release will confirm everything)

GRR KIDS BE MAAAD!! (Specially Falcon, he my madbot)

Eh i like games for their storyline and re-play value, couldn't give a shit if they used the same engine (Hell ID software used virtually the same engine for Doom 3 and Quake 4)

Ill be getting MW3 for sure and going competitive with it, and ill most likely get BF3.

In regards to Elite, I've oped for the beta and if i get in, ill report how it is (Those who have me on FB just remind me of this, i forget to post on any forums a bit).

From what they are spilling, some parts of Elite are free (But i dont tend to believe outside sources, they get very vague and they are mad kids writing them, only the release will confirm everything)

cbfa.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair I never found a lot of the call of duty multi-player very good. All it ever boiled down to was "Run around, kill people, get killed, gain levels to unlock better weapons, wash/rinse/repeat." It horribly lacked/lacks actual team work and strategy, unless you consider casual talking and the occasional "Get that guy" over the headset teamwork. Though to be fair most multi-player games are like that. I expect the single player to be okay at best and the only way you will really be able to enjoy it is if you are the type of person who gets completely absorbed by story lines. Is it worth the money they will charge for it? Probably not (especially if the price is anything over $40.00 US*). Is it worth a download/trial? Well as long as you don't pay anything for it then why the hell not? I like the idea behind the modern warfare series but I think it would be much better suited as a movie series or a book series.

*Then again I don't think they should charge more then $40.00 US for *any* game.

• 4 weeks later...

well MW3 is actually continuing the story from MW2. Picks up right where it left off...so yea it's gonna be just another MW2. I wont be getting the game though, I hated MW2 all around. and now they're gonna bring in a charge service...F that. This will be the one too kill CoD if you ask me.

Archived