Jedi Phoenix

World of Warcraft

Edge

To my surprise, there was no WoW topic, so I will make one. I know a lot of people think WoW sucks, and they're entitled to their own opinion, but I personally think it's a great game, lots of things to do, lots of places to explore, people to meet etc. I recently made a death knight and I think they're pretty awesome. I know a lot of people on here do play it so... Discuss?

Might be true for some folks, i'm actually unable to sit down play it 24/7, so honestly, I don't know how some people manage to do it, but I do think it's a great game. I think the problem also is that people have tried to play it and thought it was too hard and gave up way too easily. That's what happened to a friend of mine. People should realize though that this game is SUPPOSED to be hard, I would find it extremely boring if it were easy.

Hahahaha @ Metal

I played it once before. I think I got up to a level 40 Warrior or something.

Most times people can't stop playing it because they actually can't. It's the same people who get addicted to smoking, they can't JUST stop. The way their minds are configured prevents them from doing something like that so easily, while the guy next to him can stop after smoking 40 times. It's really the way they made the game. It never ends. They are constantly making new things to do, new quests or whatever to accomplish, etc. You can't actually say you've "beaten" World of Warcraft.

Hahahaha @ Metal

Most times people can't stop playing it because they actually can't. It's the same people who get addicted to smoking, they can't JUST stop. The way their minds are configured prevents them from doing something like that so easily, while the guy next to him can stop after smoking 40 times. It's really the way they made the game. It never ends. They are constantly making new things to do, new quests or whatever to accomplish, etc. You can't actually say you've "beaten" World of Warcraft.

so... if you can't win the game... does that mean you.......... ;)

It's not that people think it sucks. WoW is the best MMO, no question about that. What they refer to is that people who play WoW have no lives and are complete and utter losers.

I resent that!

It's only due to the popularity of it though. When you have so many subscribers, you're bound to get that sort of stigma. Unfortunately, the baddies are faaaaar more recognizable and memorable than the good, average player.

I had that problem when I was installing wrath of the lich king, I just clicked cancel and it went on to install it, so yeah, the installers can be very weird sometimes lol

I did that and it actually cancelled it lol. But it is asking me to insert the wrath cd. Idk, I'd like to try it but it wont let me. If you have any suggestions I'm open to them.

I did that and it actually cancelled it lol. But it is asking me to insert the wrath cd. Idk, I'd like to try it but it wont let me. If you have any suggestions I'm open to them.

hmm yeah I was having problems with it too, I asked about it on the forums and this is what I was told to do

Delete the Blizzard folder from C:Program Files/Common Files and use the alternate downloader.

There's an alternate downloader available that you can use when having issues with the normal downloader.

Here is the link for the alternate downloader:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/other/wowalternate.zip

1) Download the zip file

2) Extract the three files in the zip file to the desktop

3) Run the installer (It will seem as though nothing is happening. It's actually downloading installer files)

4) When that finishes it will bring up the install window.

5) Click on install (It might ask for a disk, click on cancel and this will let it continue)

I did that and it worked.

One other thing, metal. If you do decide to play it, and you don't have an account yet, let me know and I can recruit you. If I were to do that, we would both get 3 times the normal exp when we're near eachother, and many great other things.

• 2 months later...

What's above par then?

Nothing is above par.... everything is average ;_;

But seriously now that I think about it, WoW isn't par, I've played it not really extensively but I played it a moderate amount so idk, maybe i'm just a butt hurt little faggot. :| Needless to say, I never got addicted to it, guess i'm just not an MMO person.

It does get better after the sucky ass levels. It gets better after about level 25 imo, and way WAY better after level 60. The main thing I like about this game is that it's a challenge, you can never really WIN at this game, I mean sure you can get to level 85, but you'll still never really be the BEST, there will always be someone better, it's a never ending competition. And there's always something to do. Blizzard is always updating things, and improving things, making them better, change is good, without change things would get boring very quickly. I'm not saying bliz is perfect though, tbh I wish they would fix some of the many remaining bugs in this game, focus more on that first, THEN add more stuff.

Hahahaha @ Metal

jes you cant beat the game but if you are number one rank in that game then its enough. u can stop playing

jes you cant beat the game but if you are number one rank in that game then its enough. u can stop playing

There is no actual "Rank One" in MMO games. it changes daily, even hourly. it's a matter of if you decide to let yourself get sucked into it that makes you addicted to it. there is always at least one so-called no lifer in mmo games that finish everything first, in runescape it was "zezima" in gunz it was "mark_code" and i'm sure there's one person in WoW who stands out like that.

Archived