Jedi Phoenix

windows 8

West Dragon

Its currently only available as an 'upgrade' so no fully bootable installers as of yet. I've used the demo and its rubbish. I will never lower any of my machines to the standards of an under developed smartphone. The slogan for Windows 7 was 'You're PC, Simplified.' Windows 8 should be 'You're PC, more complicated.' Removing on screen navigation tools that have been very popular for 20 years must be the worst gambling decision MS has ever made. It took me minutes to figure out how to do simple tasks like bringing up the start screen from the desktop and shutting down. The touch screen features are totally useless unless you also buy a separate touch pad.

From what I've seen, read and used so far, Windows 8 makes Vista look good and if this is where MS is taking Windows, then I'm switching to Apple's OS.

It works fine if you don't use any of the metro 'apps', and just put all your shortcuts on the start menu.

http://i.imgur.com/x00Ce.png

There are still a couple minor annoyances but some of the improvements (boot speed, new task manager, improved file explorer) make up for it. I've liked it so far.

It works fine if you don't use any of the metro 'apps', and just put all your shortcuts on the start menu.

There are still a couple minor annoyances but some of the improvements (boot speed, new task manager, improved file explorer) make up for it. I've liked it so far.

Hey Pengu this is completely off topic, but where can I find that lion wallpaper?

Archived