Jedi Phoenix

JKHub

Sephy

For those why may or may not know, a new JKA/JK2 community is starting to mature: JKHub. Essentially, the website is a (no pun intended) "Hub" for the JK series. This includes downloads for mods (updated with new files and such, unlike JK3Files), and it also is the gathering place for JK2/JKA players (at least some of them).

Here is the link to the site: http://jkhub.org/page/index.html

Also, it seems that some major clans have oriented themselves with the site, so...perhaps our JP elders will do the same?

Seen this thread: http://jkhub.org/topic/1113-lets-talk-moderation-and-edrama/?

Appears that the 'neutral' forum became a battleground for trolls/clans. Surprise, surprise. I can't see Jedi Phoenix actively participating in that forum, that'd just be needless drama.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure we'll draw on the information there (such as the speculation about the source of the DDoSs that we've already checked out, etc).

Oh, one last niggling thing that is annoying me for some reason... saying JKHub is a "hub" isn't a pun, it's closer to a tautology ;P

Otherwise, thanks for the heads-up.

Hey guys,

I'm Cael, I'm the manager over at JKH. Saw this thread, figured I'd pop in. :p

Basically, JKHub is an attempt to create a central hub (tautology fully intended this time, honest) for all things JKA. We've been open for about two months now, after roughly a year's worth of preparations.

We offer things like over 1300 mods (including various exclusive ones), news, interviews, free webhosting, and so forth. Here's a neat infographic to explain:

http://assets.jkhub.org/infographic.png

On the subject of the drama Fasttea mentioned, we did indeed have one or two fairly dramatic threads the other day, but I think that it'd be unfair to judge the whole of JKHub based on one or two forum threads. I mean, we do currently have 9.200 posts on our forum - the occasional confrontation is fairly unavoidable.

Despite reservations, I'd love to get you guys involved with JKHub, so if you have any specific questions or concerns, do feel free to yell.

On the subject of DDoS attacks: we do actually have a fairly good idea what's happening, see this news article. There's currently ways to mitigate it for both Windows and Linux; the easiest method is probably to use JASS or the iptables rules mentioned in that thread if you're using Linux and have root access.

But, yeah, if there's any specific questions or concerns, feel free to mention them. Would love to get JP involved in JKH. :)

Oh, one last niggling thing that is annoying me for some reason... saying JKHub is a "hub" isn't a pun, it's closer to a tautology ;P

I thought I was the only one bothered by that. Whew.

Good luck on your site, and here's to a successful community!

Appears that the 'neutral' forum became a battleground for trolls/clans. Surprise, surprise. I can't see Jedi Phoenix actively participating in that forum, that'd just be needless drama.

Otherwise, thanks for the heads-up.

Like stated, I'm pretty sure that post was an isolated incident, and doesn't represent the community as a whole.

Also, thank you Fast for correcting my mistake <3 (</3)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm Cael, I'm the manager over at JKH. Saw this thread, figured I'd pop in. :p

Basically, JKHub is an attempt to create a central hub (tautology fully intended this time, honest) for all things JKA. We've been open for about two months now, after roughly a year's worth of preparations.

We offer things like over 1300 mods (including various exclusive ones), news, interviews, free webhosting, and so forth. Here's a neat infographic to explain:

http://assets.jkhub.org/infographic.png

On the subject of the drama Fasttea mentioned, we did indeed have one or two fairly dramatic threads the other day, but I think that it'd be unfair to judge the whole of JKHub based on one or two forum threads. I mean, we do currently have 9.200 posts on our forum - the occasional confrontation is fairly unavoidable.

Despite reservations, I'd love to get you guys involved with JKHub, so if you have any specific questions or concerns, do feel free to yell.

On the subject of DDoS attacks: we do actually have a fairly good idea what's happening, see this news article. There's currently ways to mitigate it for both Windows and Linux; the easiest method is probably to use JASS or the iptables rules mentioned in that thread if you're using Linux and have root access.

But, yeah, if there's any specific questions or concerns, feel free to mention them. Would love to get JP involved in JKH. :)

Good Luck with your community!

Archived