Jedi Phoenix

Canada!

Nymru

Hey all,

Just a quick update, you might have read in my previous topic that I will be going to Canada for 4 months (exchange study).

Well tomorrow I'm leaving (at 4 am I might add)! Hence, I was busy the past few days packing and sorting everything (banks are bitches).

However, I'm bringing my gaming laptop, so you will still see me on if I'm not travelling/studying or playing GW2 :)

Sincerely,

Nymru (Mind)

PS: I live in the Netherlands, so this is huge for me ;)

Edit: I will be updating this post with stuff I'm doing over here

31 august 2012

So I finally arrived yesterday in Kingston, Ontario in Canada for my study exchange trip of 4 months.

Also, I finally got internet again today, hence I am posting this :p

Little story for the interested:

Got up at 3 am, left at 4 am to the airport in Holland. Then, when we got there at 6 am, I had to wait till 9:40 am to get on the plane.

After a delay of half an hour, arrived in Canada (Toronto) at 12 pm their time (8 hour plane trip.. but they are 6 hours behind Holland)

There, it took an hour to get through immigration (funny stuffs), got my stamp on the passport, and needed to get to Kingston.

Found a bus (60 dollars a pop) that can take us there, but we had to wait another hour.

The bus trip took 4:30 hours to get to Kingston. However, when we got there we still needed to get to the house we rented. So we asked the busdriver, which pointed us to use a cab as it was a couple miles away. After he saw me discussing with my friend he said 'Oh what the heck, I'm late anyway, hop in, I'll take you there. So we got dropped at our place by a fucking touring bus! (place is just a 15 minute walk from Queen's university)

Essentially, we dropped our bags inside and went to sleep right away after 21 hours of travelling(!). The next day (today) we had to stay inside from 8 am till 5 pm, as the internet folks could arrive during that time. At around noon, the landlord came by. Very nice man, helped us with everything (got my friend a new bed, me a new desk), and is still arranging the necessary stuff, such as a vacuum cleaner, garbage can etc. He even got us some coffee and huge muffins! Landlord of the year over here.

After all that, we went to get some groceries (the landlord stayed at our place in the mean time) at John's (5 minutes walk). Prices weren't too bad, but we finally have some food now.

So now I just cleaned my room (still waiting to vacuum clean) and am all relaxed..

I'm gonna go have dinner now :)

29 September 2012

So been studying a whole lot (a lot!), but in the mean time, have been partying even more.

Yesterday for example, we had a grafitti kegger (kegger = houseparty where you pay 10 bucks upfront and then drink as much as you want), where people wore white shirts and would draw and write on each other. So now I have a souvenir!

FYI, I'm still alive, in case you wonder where I've been ;)

11 October 2012

Another update!

Last weekend went to Montreal, had the sickest party on top of a bloody skyscraper (club 737). The city was amazing.

Tommorrow I'm leaving for Algonquin Park, should be great too!

Cya!

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to my whole adventure:

So been studying a whole lot (a lot!), but in the mean time, have been partying even more.

Yesterday for example, we had a grafitti kegger (kegger = houseparty where you pay 10 bucks upfront and then drink as much as you want), where people wore white shirts and would draw and write on each other. So now I have a souvenir!

FYI, I'm still alive, in case you wonder where I've been ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived