Jedi Phoenix

New server (Update: IPs posted)

Asulynn

As I'm sure everybody has noticed, our current server is kind of shit. Kind of. Or just really shit. We're getting a custom tailored "dedicated" (or the poor mans version of it: VPS) server set up in a few days. Waaaaay better than what we have now, and it'll be running Linux for far more stability.

Unfortunately, that means two things. Location is going to be changed to Dallas, TX. So Euro pings will probably go up around ~30 - 40. We'll also be getting a new IP, will post it here when we find out what it is.

EDIT:

JAPlus: 206.217.134.131:29070

12 slot base: 108.174.63.2:27960

Why is everyone so concerned about a slight ping increase? I'm on all the time with 280-300 and I don't notice anything anywhere near enough to whinge about. Everyone should be praising the stability upgrade rather then a few ping counts. :angryblawdz:

Any updates? When's the time frame on this? Will we leave the old server up for a couple days to direct people to the new one?

Soon™

It's a slight tad more complicated than what we have now, cause.. Windows vs Linux in command-line only. The provider also seems to only have one Linux guy that we've been working with on it, but timezone's and work hours are making it take a bit longer. That said, I really can't give an accurate estimate.

Yes, planning to keep the old one up for a few days afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived